Team BVRIT made it big at BEATS 2012. We have received two 'Best Technical Session Paper Awards' for the following papers:
1. Assist + - Syed Riyaz, Sujoy Bhattacharya
2. Fetal Heart Rate Monitoring Using Non-invasive Infrared - T. V. Himaja Sree, Mridula Garimella, Anusha Bandari
Apart from BVRIT students the remaining participants in the Conference were Research Scholars. The students competed against Research Scholars and won these prizes.
Congratulations to the winners
ITsAP student Entrepreneur Award
ITsAP (The IT & ITES Industry Association of A.P.) recognizes the best Software Services Companies, Software products and (student) Entrepreneurship at its ‘Annual Awards & Software Products Showcase & Conference’.
The following students won the Student Entrepreneurship Award in the 2009 edition of the Conference held on 12th march 2010 at HICC, Madhapur, Hyderabad for their product ‘’Smart Stick’ developed for the visually impaired.
- Mr. Y.Mahesh, ECE
- Ms. Harsha Priya, BME
- Ms. Sushma, CSE
The above team were also invited to present their prototype at the IIT Delhi Tech Fest Project Expo ( Anusandhan) in March 2010. They won accolades and their efforts were recognized.
Imagine Cup 2011
The theme of the Contest is “ Imagine a World where technology helps solve the toughest problems”. This global competition is conducted annually by Microsoft to address the ‘Millennium Development Goals’ laid down by the UN. Over 600 teams registered for the competition from all over the world out of which 147 teams qualified for the second round (semifinals) . 28 teams were shortlisted from India and 3 of these are from BVRIT. The projects selected include
- Voice activated automated Wheel chair - E.Lakshman Shyam kumar , Srujana & Srikala
- Roboleg - Sravani, Shruthi.Aishwarya
- Mind mouse - Ramya, Niketan Kapila, Spurthi Vavilala
Imagine Cup 2010
Three teams of BVRIT got selected to the second round (Semi-finals) as detailed below. Students participated from more than 100 countries.
- Smartstick - Harshapriya, Y.Mahesh
- Home automation - Raghuveer
- Voice automated wheel chair – Harsh
NASA Create the Future Design contest 2010
This is an online international contest. The 2010 ‘Create the Future Design Contest’ sponsored by COMSOL Inc., PTC & Tech Briefs Media Group ( Publishers of NASA Tech Briefs) recognizes innovation in Product Design in 6 categories viz. Consumer Products, Machinery & Equipment, Medical, Safety & Security, Sustainable Technologies & Transportation. The following students participated.
- Mind Mouse - Pragya Jayakumar, Ramya Bobba
- Patient Monitoring System - Prithvi
Pragya & Ramya finished in the eleventh position the World Over in the Medical Category.
JNTUH Tech Fest 2010
- Prithvi, ECE got the first prize for his Patient Monitoring System
International Conference BEATS ( Biomedical Engineering & Assistive Technologies)
It was held at NIT Jalandhar in December 2010. Two papers submitted by our students got selected by an International Review Committee and were published in the Conference Proceedings. Details of the paper published and presented are
- Mind mouse - Ramya Bobba, Niketan Kapila, Spurthi Vavilala
- Voice automated wheelchair - Shyam Kumar
Texas Instruments Analog Design contest 2010
Texas Instruments – India conducts TI Analog Design Contest annually to encourage System level design projects using TI’s broad range of high performance analog integrated circuits. In the first round, they select 20 teams from the all the entries from India and award a cash prize of $1500 to each team. These top twenty teams will compete in the final round to win the Engibous Prize for their innovation. The first prize amount of $10,000, the Second prize amount of $7500 and third prize amount of $5000 will be awarded to the final winners.
Three teams from BVRIT have participated in the TI Analog Design contest 2010. The teams are
- Nitin Menon & Akhila – III BME – “Quadriplegic tilt control monitoring systems”, where the tilt of the head actuates the wheel chair, the direction of movement of the chair being dependent on the direction of tilt.
- Anwesha & Gopi Krishna & Ahok Naidu – Speech and Touch based smart home infrastructure for physically challenged.
- Bhargava & Manisha – Multi purpose voice activated alarm system.
Nitin Menon & Akhila won a prize amount of $1500 in the first round and US $3750 in the final round. They were adjudged the first runner up jointly with Amrita school of Engineering, Coimbatore for their innovative product.