B.Tech: - Mechanical Engineering,Mechanical Engineering, Nagarjuna University, 1991
M.Tech: - Thermal Engineering, JNTU Hyderabad, 1996
Ph.D.: - Heat Transfer, JNTU Hyderabad, 2008
Dr. V. Murali Krishna
Professor and Head,
Mechanical Engineering Dept.
Teaching Experience – 22 years (along with R&D experience)
Awards and Recognition:
- Best Researcher award for the academic year 2007-2008 at G.V.P. College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam.
- Selected for Marquis Who's Who in the World 2011 for Publication of papers in international referred Journals such as American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) Journal of Heat Transfer, USA and International Journal of Heat Mass Transfer, Elsevier, U.K.
- Editorial board number member for the international journals published by Science Publishing Group System, USA
- Reviewer for International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer and Fuel published by Elsevier Publications, U.K.
Academic & Professional accomplishments:
- Currently guiding 2 Ph.D. Students
- No. of B.Tech. project guided: 45
- No. of international journal & international conference publications:16
Fields of Specialization:
- Thermal Engineering
- Heat Transfer
Fields of interest:
- Heat Transfer by Condensation in the presence of Non- Condensable Gas
- Electronic Cooling
- Micro-Scale Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow
- Combustion in I.C. Engines
- Alternative Fuels
Research Papers Published
- "Experimental study on condensation of humid air in laminar flow in a vertical channel" (Article No: HTR-7475), Journal of Heat Transfer Research.Accepted for Publication
- "Convective condensation of vapor in laminar flow in a vertical parallel plate channel in the presence of a high con-centration non-condensable gas" ASME Journal of Heat Transfer; American Society of Mechanical Engineering, U.S.A; Jan, 2009 Vol. No. 131 pp. 011502-1-7
- "Convective condensation of vapor in the presence of a non-condensable gas of high concentration in laminar flow in a vertical pipe" International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer; Elsevier United Kingdom; Dec, 2008 Vol. 51, pp. 6090-6101
- “A theoretical study on convective condensation of water vapor from humid air in turbulent flow in a vertical duct” ASME Journal of Heat Transfer;American Society of Mechanical Engineering, U.S.A; Dec, 2007 Vol. No.129,pp. 1627-1637
International Conferences Preceedings:
- "Pressure Drop and Deposition Rate in Chemical Vapor Deposition – A Theoretical Study on Effect Of System Parameters"; 4-6,January, 2010;20 th National &9th ISHMT–ASME Heat and Mass Transfer conference. IIT, Bombay, India.
- "Experimental Study on Condensation of Water Vapor in The Presence of High Concentration Non-Condensable Gas In Laminar Flow in a Vertical Channel"; 4-6,January, 2010;20 th National &9th ISHMT–ASME Heat and Mass Transfer conference. IIT, Bombay, India.
- "Convective Heat Transfer Characteristics of Sisal-Water Nanofluid in a Shell and Coil"; 27-29, Dec. 2008; 4th BSME-ASME international conference on thermal engineering.
- "Theoretical Analysis on Pressure Drop and Heat Transfer in Laminar Flow of a Pseudoplastic Fluid through a Pipe"; 15-17, December, 2008; International conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering NIT, Surat, India
- "Condensation of vapor in laminar flow in a pipe in the presence of a non-condensable gas of high concentration - A heat and mass transfer analysis"; January 3 – 5, 2008; 19th National &8th ISHMT –ASME Heat and Mass Transfer conference. JNTU, Hyderabad, India
- "Condensation of Vapor in the Presence of a High Concentration Non-Condensable Gas in a Horizontal Parallel Plate Channel under Turbulent flow Conditions"; January 3 – 5, 2008; 19th National &8th ISHMT –ASME Heat and Mass Transfer conference. JNTU, Hyderabad, India
- “Condensation of Vapor in the Presence of a High Concentration Non-Condensable Gas during Laminar Flow of Air over a Flat Plate” Held in ITALY ; January 4 – 6, 2006; ISHMT–ASME Heat and Mass Transfer conference. IIT Guwahathi, India