Computer Science and Engineering-Overview
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at BVRIT was started in the year 1997 with an intake of 40. Subsequently the intake is enhanced from 40 to 60 in the academic year 1999, 90 in the academic year 2000, 120 in the academic year 2007, 180 in the academic year 2014 and 300 in the academic year 2015. The Department offers UG (B.Tech) and PG (M.Tech-CSE) degrees. The Department has state of the art infrastructure and computing equipment supported by high speed internet and wireless networks.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is renowned for cutting edge research and for imparting state of art education. The Department provides an outstanding research environment complemented by excellence in teaching.
Our faculty aims at delivering top class education blending their rich research experience with classroom teaching. It also promotes active industry-institute collaboration by identifying areas of interest and taking part in sponsored research projects and consultancy services. The Department has undertaken many research projects funded both by multinationals and government agencies.
The major areas of research include Image Processing, Real time operating Systems, Neural Networks, Data mining, Information retrieval and Web mining, Information Security, Networks, Operating Systems, Distributed Systems, Parallel processing and Human-Computer Interactions.
Vision and Mission
To be among the most preferred Institutions for Engineering and Technological education in the country. To be an institution where ethics, excellence, excitement will be the work religion and improvement, innovation the work culture.
To play a key role in the development of a disciplined knowledge society.
PEOs and POs
Programme Educational Objectives
- The Graduates will have sufficient technical knowledge to enter in high technology workforce, and make significant contributions to Computer science and Engineering.
- Prepare graduates for professional career in computer science and multidisciplinary environments, through the research, design and development of a wide range of applications, which helps further the state's economic growth by developing innovative ideas, and translating them into commercial products that benefit society.
- To pursue lifelong learning through, professional training and membership in professional societies and to be a effective communicator with non-technical stakeholders in computer and software systems development, maintenance and administration
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyses and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to identify, formulates, and solves engineering problems.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- All graduating students, by the time of their graduation, shall be able to enhance their skills and embrace new computing technologies through self-directed professional development
Prospects and Future of CSE
This has been one of the most lucrative and competitive course to study since its inception in Engineering Colleges/Institutes and Universities. When India’s computer industry created mark in world of business and gained super trust and revenue for the nation it also created large amount of well paid jobs for Computer Engineering students.
Computer science and engineering students will learn about basic engineering techniques, as other engineering students, during first year course. These techniques include Engineering Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, Engineering Drawing, and C & Data structures. From second year they will be exposed to core computer science subjects like programming, advanced data structures, Digital logic design, Theoretical computer science, Algorithms, Computer networks, Operating systems, Web technologies, Databases and Computer Architecture are few to mention.
This is really an excellent field to have opportunities both in software companies and higher studies. As computing is extensively applied to almost every walk of life it created massive jobs for Computer Engineering students. On the same time more demand and application kept it research funding alive attracting many students to opt for higher studies.
Core companies offering jobs to Computer Science Graduates:
Government organizations like DRDL, ISRO, ECIL and BEL offer jobs to computer science students. There are thousands of multinational and national software companies which offer jobs to computer engineers. To name few famous, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Amazon, IBM, Facebook, Oracle, Cisco, Infosys, TCS, CSC and Wipro.
- To Strengthen Industry Institution Interaction
- To Develop Learning material for the advanced subjects
- To achieve 100% Academic results and 90% placement opportunities
- To setup state of the art computing facilities for software development
- To organize the international conference once in a year
- To organize training programs on advanced technologies and software tools
- To inculcate professional behavior in students through seminars, group discussions, mock interviews etc.
- To undertake research and software development activities
- To achieve 100% placements in the department
- To encourage all faculty members to register for Ph.D program, thereby increasing the doctorates in the department
- To encourage all the faculty members and the students to publish the papers in reputed journals with good impact factor.
- To improve standards of student projects on par with international standards.
Short-term project and soft skills training is arranged to the students in order to give them an opportunity to get familiar with various technologies & Interview Techniques.
The Department of CSE has collaborations with various Organizations such as IBM ISL, CA Technologies, BEL, NRSE, ECIL, Virtusa, ODF, Satyam Computer Services Limited, ELICO, Microsoft, Nice Fit etc.