Microsoft Innovation Center
The Microsoft Innovation Center was first established as the I Spark Center in Oct 2010 .BVRIT has been actively involved with Microsoft through the I Spark since Oct 2010 and as a result of the success of the I Spark Center, the Microsoft Innovation Center (MIC) was launched in Dec 7 2012.
Following are the outcomes of MIC at BVRIT.
- A five day workshop on Windows 8 Application Development was conducted in BVRIT, Narsapur from September 3 to September 8, 2012. 190 students registered and learnt to develop applications using Windows 8.
- Microsoft provided one month training to 92 students (of CSE & IT departments) on Windows Phone 7 in January 2011. Further, as part of the training program, students developed many applications in Windows Phone 7 and received certification for their efforts and innovation.
- A one day workshop was conducted in cloud computing in November 2011 and 60 students had hands on session on Windows Azure.
- A five day Azure workshop was conducted from Dec 17th to Dec 22nd which led to 38 students getting MTA certifications in Microsoft Azure.
- Ideation contests are conducted regularly and innovative projects are selected and developed in the MIC. Every year projects are submitted for the Microsoft Imagine Cup, a prestigious technical contest conducted by Microsoft every year that encourages students to submit technical projects for prizes and awards. The list of projects submitted to the Imagine Cup is listed in the table below:
|Award||Given by||to Whom||Projects|
Imagine Cup 2012
|Microsoft Corporation||S.Akarsh Kumar||Universal Cloud Portal|
Imagine Cup 2011
|Microsoft Corporation||E. Lakshman Shyam kumar, Srujana & Srikala
Sravani, Shruthi, Aishwarya
Ramya, Niketan Kapila, Spurthi Vavilala
|Voice activated automated Wheel chair
Imagine Cup 2010
|Microsoft Corporation||Harshapriya, Y.Mahesh
Voice automated wheel chair
- Seven students have completed their internship with Edukinect Microsoft Certified Partner company.They were working towards creating a WPKBot on cloud. This is a robot which can sense the world in RGBD using Kinect Sensors and can perform tasks like automated navigation and 3D model building. The robot can also be connected and controlled using Windows phone 7 applications while the data from the robot is synced with the cloud.
- BVRIT was part of the winning team “Deccan Chargers” in the Windows 7 Appathon conducted by Microsoft on January 23 and January 24, 2012.Our students developed 76 certified windows 7 application in the marketplace.
- Our students have 148 certified Windows 8 apps in the marketplace.
Windows 8 Appfests
- A team of 148 students from BVRIT attended the Windows 8 Appfest Event held at Bangalore on September 21st and September 22nd 2012.The event was a Guiness event and all the students who participated have won Guiness record certificates.
- Four of our students were selected as Microsoft Rock Stars in the Appfest .The students are :
- Aishwarya ,III Year IT
- Anusha III Year IT
- Madhuri III Year IT
- Manogna,III Year IT
- Two of our applications developed by Amar, III CSE and Anusha Rao III CSE were selected among the top ten apps in the Appfest.
- MIC Summits
- BVRIT was the only college selected from India to participate in the MIC Summit held in Spain from Sep 19 – Sep 21st 2012. Our Vice Chairman Mr.Ravichandran Rajagopalan represented BVRIT and gave a talk on the MIC outlook in India
- BVRIT MIC was felicitated by Microsoft to be one of the best MICs in India at the India MIC Summit held in Bangalore on March 18th, 2013.
Website: Microsoft Innovation Center