The department of Mechanical Engineering was established in B. V. Raju Institute of Technology (BVRIT) in the year 2009 with an annual intake of 60 students, is known for excellent results with maximum students securing. Now an annual intake has been increased to 120 from the academic year 2012-2013. M.Tech in Engineering Design started in the year 2014 with an annual intake of 18 students.The Mechanical Engineering department at BVRIT is well equipped and amenities with latest state of the art labs procured from top level companies and manned by highly qualified & experienced faculty members. The students are trained in latest versions of mechanical software packages like AutoCAD, ANSYS, Solid Works, Solid Edge, FEMAP, Pro/ENGINEER 4.0, Master CAM, FLUENTetc. There are also special purpose machines like CNC Lathe and CNC Milling.
The department of Mechanical Engineering has experienced faculty in the areas of Design, Thermal, Production and Industrial engineering, i.e., the major areas of Mechanical Engineering. All the faculties possess the minimum qualification of post graduation. They have published a good number of research papers in refereed International / National Journals and International / National Conferences. Faculty published papers in peer reviewed international journals such as ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Journal of Heat Transfer, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer (Elsevier, UK), an International JETEAS Journal UK and International ARPN Journal etc.
A major effort of the department is directed towards the creation of a stimulating intellectual environment in which undergraduate students can develop to their maximum potentials. Faculty members encourage undergraduate students to participate in both fundamental and applied research. Students have excellent opportunities to participate actively in the classroom and laboratories and to follow special interests within a subject area. Hence we provide students with the foundational skills needed to understand, exploit, and enhance the mechanical behavior of advanced engineering devices and systems, and to make creative contributions at the forefront of the field.
The department has adopted latest teaching learning processes like e-learning, google apps, power point presentations, seminars, industrial visits, expert Lectures from Industry and academia Personnel etc. We take special efforts to reduce the gap between Industry & Institute by arranging internships during semester breaks or summer in companies such as Nissan Ashok Leyland, BHEL, Visakhapatnam Steel plant, NTPC, Bakelite Hylam, ONGC, Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Ordinance Factory, Sundaram Clayton Limited, Schneider Electric, Anjani Portland Cements, SAMKRG Pistons, NATCO Pharma and Aurobindo Pharma Limted etc. All the students of 2009-2013 batch are completed their interns during this (2012) summer.
The department is encouraging the students to participate in work shops and conferences to exchange latest technologies among students. The students are presented technical papers in reputed institutes like IITS, NITS, BHU, BITS Pilani and won prizes in IIT Madras, BITS Pilani and BHU, Varanasi. Mechanical engineering students developed Electric car and presently working on hybrid car, All terrain vehicle, Solar operated golf cart. Also Department of Mechanical Engineering started BVRIT SAE (society of automotive engineers) INDIA student chapter with 108 members in the year 2011.
The Mechanical Engineering Department strives to be recognized globally for outstanding education and research leading to well-qualified engineers as well as managers who are innovative/creative, entrepreneurial and successful in advanced fields of engineering and research to take up social responsibilities with ethics.
- To provide innovative technology solutions to solve a wide range of complex scientific, technological and social problems in Mechanical Engineering field.
- To provide opportunities supported by continuous industry – institute interaction aimed at promoting employability, entrepreneurship, leadership and research aptitude among students.
- To prepare the students who are psychologically strong and emotionally balanced imbibed with social consciousness and ethical values.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- PEO 1: To nurture students with profound basic theoretical knowledge along with practical skills in the core area of mechanical engineering viz. Design, Manufacturing, Thermal, Industrial Engineering and management along with modern analytical and computational tools.
- PEO 2: To strengthen the students to be able to exhaust excellence in their field of interest through engineering projects, Industrial visits/internships and take up research assignment in societal context or entrepreneurial context.
- PEO 3: To graduate with the confidence professional ethics and motivation for lifelong learning that is necessary for them to be leaders in their chosen field of endeavor.
Short Range Goals
- To impart Quality Technical Education in the field of Mechanical Engineering
- To undertake Research, Development and Consultancy in various areas of Mechanical Engineering.
- To conduct Continuing Education / Training programme in various fields of Mechanical Engineering for working professionals from industries and faculty members of various Engineering Colleges.
- To make available to the industries/Institutions the Infrastructure facilities existing in the Department.
- To make available to the Industries/ Organizations the results of the innovative work carried out in the Department.
- To Establish Linkages with Research Organizations and Industries at National and International Level.
- To disseminate the Knowledge and Research findings through Technical papers presented and published in conferences/seminars/ journals at the National and International level.
- To organize programs conducive to Technical and Intellectual Advancement of students and also help in developing Overall Personality of students.
- To Undertake Extension work and to Appraise people in rural areas about the developments in the field of Mechanical Engineering
Long Range Goals
- To develop into Center of Excellence.
- To develop trained Man power for Global acceptance.
- To translate Research to Industrial Applications.
- To upgrade the laboratories towards research activities.
- To encourage and motivate faculty members to publish books and technical papers in various refereed International Journals.
- To initiate and pursue collaborative research programmes in advanced areas of technology.