The Electrical and Electronics Engineering discipline today is multi-disciplinary in nature representing a veritable synergy of different technologies ranging from artificial neural networks, fuzzy logic, micro-controllers and digital signal processing to core subjects of generation, transmission and distribution of power, power systems and their control using computer methods/models etc. The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, established in 1997, has been so structured, in terms of experienced staff and excellent laboratory facilities, as to Equip the students with knowledge of cutting edge technologies and Give them adequate hands-on experience through laboratory work, innovative projects in Industry and Research Establishments, seminars/workshops and so on.
To achieve excellence in undergraduate education, meaningful & innovative research and service dedicated to advancing the field of electrical and electronics engineering.
The mission of Elecrical undergraduate engineering program is:
- M1: to pursue excellence in electrical and electronics engineering education and research by providing positive and professional, high quality, relevant education using latest technology and educational techniques.
- M2: to enable student's skills to effectively communicate, analyze, create, and link knowledge in the multi-disciplinary fields, with the emphasis on quantitative approaches and methods.
- M3: to inspire student community to work in cohesion, that exemplifies the core and ethical values for the purpose of improving and developing systems that solve complex problems including, analytical, design and research skills for their career growth.
- M4: to involve itself with technology oriented expertise and also to contribute to the social uplift of the society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: To develop the concepts of electrical and electronics engineering in design and product realization to meet the needs of industry and organizations.
- PEO2: To demonstrate their ability to work effectively as a responsible professional in a team and as an individual.
- PEO3: To have an understanding of the importance of life-long learning and professional development with a background that allows in pursuing advanced studies in electrical and electronics engineering or related fields.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design interpretation of data, and synthesis of the of experiments, analysis and information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- PSO 1: Can explore knowledge of electrical & electronics engineering in core as well as multidisciplinary areas in innovative, dynamic and challenging environment, for the research based teamwork.
- PSO 2: Provide hands on experience in the fields of Non-conventional and Renewable Energies.
University of Calgary, Canada (Prof Dave Irvine-Halliday) on White LED lamp development. Winrock International India. MoU with NIT Tiruchirapally and CII, Andhra Pradesh are on the anvil (for the entire Institute including EEE Dept) Student Projects in AP Transco, BEL, BDL, BHEL, VIJAY Electricals, Power Grid etc.
Special summer training in Industry is conducted during the summer recess for students on completion of their second year. Our students undergo summer training for a period of 4 weeks or so in reputed Industries such as ECIL, NFC, BDL, BEL, Vijay Electricals, BHEL, PETE Transformers, REDSON Industries, and DRDL etc. Curriculum development is an ongoing process. Equal stress is also laid on Staff development, who is deputed on training programs to reputed Institutes of learning.
The EEE Alumni continue to network with their Alma mater, the EEE Dept of BVRIT, from their work place(s) in India and abroad. While most of them are employed in reputed Industries/Companies such as Infosys, Satyam, Wipro, CTS, TCS, APGENCO, APTRANSCO, NRSA, Philips Lighting Electronics, North America etc, others are pursuing their higher studies in reputed educational institutions/Universities in India and abroad such as IIT Kharaghpur, IIT Madras, IIT Mumbai, University of Toledo, University of Texas at Arlington, Louisiana Tech University, State University, New York and so on.
List the Names of top TEN most renowned Alumni of the Department along with Organizations
|S. No.||Name||Current Designation|
|1||Shashi Deepa A.||Hardware & Firmware Engineer, Logitech, CA, USA|
|2||Kumar Prasad T.||Senior Manager, Auto Sector, R & D, Mahindra & Mahindra, Chennai|
|3||Siddhartha V.||Asst. Manager, Radiant Cables Ltd., Hyderabad|
|4||Guru Sravan||Software Engineer, Infosys, Hyderabad|
|5||Uday Kumar T.||Human Resources Officer, Gulf Contracting Company W. L. L, Doha, Qatar|
|6||Vivek Singhal||Executive Engineer, L & T Seargant & Lundy Ltd.|
|7||U. Kalpana||Software Engineer, Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS), Hyderabad|
|8||Roopa Rani||Software Engineer, Satyam|
|9||Venkateshwarlu||Design Engineer, Tata Power, Mumbai|
|10||B. R. Tulasi||Assistant Systems Engineer, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Salt Lake, Kolkata|