The Indian Institute Of Chemical Engineering is the apex professional institute of chemical engineers. The institute add feathers after feathers to its cap by providing world class education to the engineers. The aim of the college is to promote the cause of chemical engineering by providing quality education to all the sections of the society. It provides them the appropriate forum for joint endeavours, hand in hand to work for human being through application of chemical engineering and allied sciences.
- Good exposure to students on all fronts.
- Highly experienced and skilled faculty members.
- The college is well maintained and established with latest development.
It is of great honour for us to inform you that BVRIT has joined hands with IICHE, one of the most reputed institutes of India so that, even our Chemical Engineers can take part in other extra-curricular activities apart from studies. In today’s world, having good grades and marks are not enough, having critical thinking and innovative thinking is also necessary. Marks can fetch bookish knowledge but, unless you are able to analyse and apply it, there is no value to that knowledge. IICHE provides a platform for our students to think out of the box and put forward their innovative ideas.
INTER COLLEGE EVENTS:
Quiz and Elocution competition, 3rd FEB 2020.
On 3rd Feb our department conducted Quiz and Elocution competition. Students in good number participated enthusiastically. For quiz, students were divided into 3 groups and were asked questions from various genres. The questions were related to Chemical Engineering subjects, General Knowledge and few brain storming questions. The quiz went on for 2 hours and was a huge success. In the afternoon session Elocution was conducted. Elocution describes a person grip on a topic. Topics given were CAA and Role of nuclear energy in 21th century. During the competition CAA was picked out and the limit was given between 10-20 minutes each. There was a huge competition. Every participant was better than each other. The judges had a hard time to select the top 3. By this event, events conducted on 3rd Feb came to an end.
Essay writing, 4th Feb 2020
Last day was a fun-filled day. Both the events were a huge success. On 4th Feb, Essay writing competition was held in our department. Topics given were ‘Ways to protect world from climate change’ and Role of Chemical Engineers for the development of society in the modern world. Students actively participated and their essays were remarkable. Again, from all the participants, only top 3 will be selected. This event day ended with the disclosure of the winners.
Model making, 5th Feb 2020
This is the final day of event. Today is the day of innovation, ideas and skills as today is the model making competition. Chemical Engineers were told to make a model of any equipment related to Chemical Engineering and application. Three extraordinary models were presented. Each model had new features which were very innovative, and judges had to scratch their heads to decide the winner. This was the final day of events.
Winners of all the 4 competitions will be sent to the upcoming IICHE competitions. These competitions bring up the competitive spirit in an individual. There will many such events conducted every month. So, others can brag the winner position next time.
Dr. KSNV Prasad.
Honorary President- Sandeep
Secretary- M Sachin(SM-67888)
Treasurer- Sai Surya Varsha(SM-67879)
Joint Secretary- Sai Narender(12-03-02-2020)
Joint Treasurer- Manvitha(28-04-02-2020)
FDP organized by CHE BVRIT
Department of chemical Engineering organized a two day faculty development program on “Modern technologies on solid and sewage waste treatment” on 14th& 15th December 2018.Dr. B.V.S. Praveen co-ordinated the faculty development program.Mr. B. V. BhadraGirish, Environmental Engineer,Telangana State Pollution Control Board &Dr. P. Sankar Ganesh, Associate Professor, BITS Pilani, Hyderabad delivered a highly informative lectures on waste management and treatment technologies.
|Conferences Attended & Presented – Faculty & Students|
1. M. RadhaKumari, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering presented a poster entitled “Macroalgae – a promising resource for bioethanol production – a review” at an international conference on “Biotechnological research and innovation for sustainable development (BioSD 2018)” organized by CSIR – Indian Institute of Chemical Technology Hyderabad in association with the Biotech research society, India (BRSI) and IBA – International Forum for Industrial Bioprocesses (IBA – IFIBioP) France from 22nd to 25th November 2018.
|2. Shivakumar from III B. Tech Chemical awarded with “Best presenter award” for the presentation entitled “Statistical Analysis of Biofilm reactor for purification Effluent water from Sugar Industry” at SCHEMCON 2018, ICT Mumbai from 26th – 27th October 2018.|
3. AkhileshSubramanian, P. Kapil Chandra, Divya Lakshmi Senthil, R. Sandeep from III B. Tech Chemical won 2nd price for the presentation entitled “Catalytic pyrolysis of plastic waste to energy resource” at SCHEMCON 2018, ICT Mumbai from 26th – 27th October 2018.
|4. Sachin and K. Padma presented a paper entitled “Conversion of waste plastic to bricks” at National conference TECHNOZION held at NIT Warangal on 28th -30th September 2018.|
|5. Dheeraj Kumar presented a paper entitled “Removal of fluorine from water using nano-magnesium oxide” at National conference TECHNOZION held at NIT Warangal on 28th -30th September 2018.|
6. Manivardhan, presented a paper entitled “Effects of sulphur dioxide emissions and methods to remove sulphur from different sulphur operations” at National conference TECHNOZION held at NIT Warangal on 28th -30th September 2018.
|7. B.V.S.Praveen and G. BhanuRadhika, "Effect of pretreatment on microwave drying kinetics of bitter gourd (momordicacharantia) samples - estimation of mass transfer parameters and mathematical modeling" in International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Sciences (ICRTES 2018) held on 20-22 February 2018 Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.|
|8. P. Nagalakshmi, B.V.S.Praveen and G.BhanuRadhika, "Synthesis of Fe Doped Titania Nanoparticles for the Removal of Hexavalent Chromium from Synthetic Cr(VI) Solution" in 5th International Conference on science, technology & Management (ICSTM-2017)|
|9. M.V.S.Jaya Krishna and B.V.S.Praveen, Modeling and Simulation of Reactive Distillation Column using ASPEN PLUSin CHEMCON 2017 held at HaldiaInsitute of Technology, West Bengal.|
| Industrial Visits
1. B. Tech Chemical Engineering II Year Students visited Aurobindo Lab at Borpatla on 05.10.2018. Dr.B.V.S.Praveen, Assistant professor, and Mr. Surya PrakashRao, Assistant Professor from Department of Chemical Engineering accompanied the students during the industry visit.
2. B.Tech I Semester students visited 'SreeRayalaseemaAlkalies& Allied Chemicals Ltd-Kurnool' on 27.07.2018. The faculty of Chemical Engineering Department Mr. S. Surya PrakashRao, Mrs R Srividya, and Ms M. Dheenamma accompanied for the students visit.
3. B.Tech Chemical Engineering students visited Anjani Portland Cement Limited, Nalgonda, Telangana on 24th March 2018. Mr KSNV Prasad, Assistant Professor, and Dr S Kishore Kumar, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Chemical Engineering accompanied the students in the industry visit.
FDPs attended by faculty
1. Kishore Kumar, Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering Department attended a 5 day faculty development program on “Advanced soft materials: Synthesis and Application” organized by Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Warangal (NITW) during 17th to 21st December 2018.
2. M. RadhaKumari, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering attended a 5 day Faculty Development Program on “Computational Research Techniques Using MATLAB” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, B V Raju Institute of Technology Narsapur during 3rd to 7th December 2018.
3. Dr. B.V.S. Praveen, Assistant Professor, Mr. K.S.N.V. Prasad, Assistant Professor, Mrs. R. Srividya, Assistant Professor , Mrs. M.S. Devi, Assistant Professor, and Miss M. Dheenamma, Assistant Professor attended a 5 day FDP on "Design and Analysis of experiments & Optimization Techniques" during 13th and 17th November 2018 at CVSR college of Engineering, Hyderabad
4. G. Srinivas, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering attended a two day FDP on "Developing multidimensional competencies of professional teachers" at BVRIT Narsapur during 2018.
5.G. Srinivas, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering attended a two day workshop on "IPR&TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER " at MLRIT HYDERABAD FEBRUARY 2020.
6.P. Ramesh, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering attended a four day workshop on "ICTIEE 2020" at Anurag group of institutions hyderabad january 2020.