Department of Mechanical Engineering is organizing AICTE Sponsored One Week Online STTP on "Design of Experiments in Engineering" from 4th – 9th January 2021 In Phase-II and from 8th – 13th February 2021 In Phase-III
Department of Mechanical Engineering organized AICTE Sponsored One Week Online STTP on "Design of Experiments in Engineering" from 16th – 21st November 2020 in Phase-I
Online Registration Link: https://tinyurl.com/y4zoydmm
Whatsapp Link: https://tinyurl.com/yyzhfawb
Indian Prokart endurance championship(IPEC-2K18) and hosted Asia E-Bike Challenge
Department of Mechanical Engineering conducted successfully Indian Prokart Endurance championship(IPEC-2K18) and hosted Asia E-Bike challenge from 13th to 16th March 2018 at B.V.Raju Institute Of Technology Narsapur.
The IPEC-2K18 event was conducted in two phases viz virtual and dynamic round. 31 teams got registered for virtual round throughout India. They submitted the design reports prepared by using Mechanical Engineering software’s in the month of Jan'2018 and 25 teams were selected for the dynamic round. The dynamic round consists of six rounds starting with a technical inspection followed by Brake test, Acceleration test, Autocross, Skidpad and Endurance. During the event, Technical Inspection was held on 13th and 14th March 2018. Indian Prokart Endurance Championship(IPEC-2K18) inauguration was held on 13th March 2018 with Chief guest Dr.Rao M.Chalasani Managing Director, Auto Deccan Private Limited and Guest of honour Mr.Prakash Kalbagh Executive Director, M.G.Automotives Zaheerabad along with Chairman Sri K.V.Vishnu Raju garu, Vice Chairman Sri Ravichandran Rajagopal garu and Director Dr.S.Sunderrajan garu. Brake test and Acceleration test was held on 14th and 15th March 2018.Autocross and skid pad tests were conducted on 15th March 2018 followed by a cultural programme and one-hour DJ All the participants of IPEC-2K18 and Asia E-Bike challenge had enjoyed a lot during the cultural night.
Endurance was conducted on 16th March 2018 by dividing the teams into two groups consisting of 11 each.Each group has been given a time of 20 min and top 10 were selected for the final race based on lap count in 20 min. Indian Prokart endurance championship(IPEC-2K18) valedictory was held on 16th March 2018 with Chief Guest Sri M.Jerome General Manager MRF and Guest of honour Shri Govind Kumar garu Senior Lead Engineer Johndeere Vice-Chairman Ravichandran Rajagopal and Director Dr.S.Sundararajan garu along with prize ceremony. 23 teams had participated in all the rounds of the event and 22 teams were qualified for Endurance(racing).2 teams have not participated due to their internal exams. Prize money of worth 3 lakhs is given for all the winners of Indian Prokart endurance championship(IPEC-2K18). Four women teams have participated in IPEC-2K18 to encourage the women teams IPEC team has given a special prize of worth 25,000 to keep up the spirit. The winner's list is being attached. Department of Mechanical Engineering also hosted Asia E-Bike challenge in which 20 teams have got registered.5 teams got eliminated during a virtual round and 5 teams were disqualified in technical inspections.Finally, 10 teams had participated in endurance for the one-hour duration. The coverage of IPEC-2K18 and Asia E-Bike challenge in print and electronic media are attached. The media had given a wide publicity to the event and college. The event had been conducted by all the safety measures required. With immense support of faculty, students of Mechanical Engineering along with an administrative staff of the college. The event had been a grand success.
Photo Gallery of IPEC-2K18
|Click here to view full gallery|
Videos of IPEC-2018
- Dr. V. Murali Krishna, Professor and HOD, Mechanical Engineering, reviewed a paper titled “Improve ANFIS Model by Genetic Feature recognition in Predicting Dew Point Pressure of Gas Condensate Reservoir” (Ref. No. JFUE-D-11-00933), Fuel, Elsevier, U.K.
- Dr. V. Murali Krishna, Professor and HOD, Mechanical Engineering reviewed a paper titled ‘CFD Simulation of Water Vapor Condensation in the Presence of Non-Condensable Gas in Vertical Cylindrical Condensers (HMT-D-12-00895)’ in International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer (Impact Factor: 2.407), Elsevier Publications, U.K.
- Dr. V. Murali Krishna, Professor and HOD, Mechanical Engineering appointed as editorial board number member for the international journals published by Science Publishing Group System, USA.
- Dr. V. Murali Krishna, Professor and HOD, Mechanical Engineering worked as member in Board of studies at GITAM University, Visakhapatnam.
- Dr. V. Murali Krishna, Professor and HOD, Mechanical Engineering received best Researcher award for the academic year 2007-2008 at G.V.P. College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam.
- Dr. V. Murali Krishna, Professor and HOD, Mechanical Engineering selected for Marquis Who's Who in the World 2011for Publication of papers in international referred Journals such as American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) Journal of Heat Transfer, USA and International Journal of Heat Mass Transfer, Elsevier, U.K.
- Dr. V. Murali Krishna, Professor and HOD, Mechanical Engineering acted as a resource person and gave an expert lecture in 3 Week refresher course entitled “Recent Advances in Thermal Engineering and their Applications” on 7th November 2013 at Academic staff college, JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad.
- Dr. V. Murali Krishna, Professor and Head, Mechanical Engineering reviewed a paper titled “Experimental and theoretical investigation on condensation inside a horizontal tube with non-condensable gas (Manuscript Number: HMT-D-14-01648) for International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer (Impact Factor: 2.407), Elsevier Publications, U.K.
- IMTEX Forming 2014 is the International exhibition organized by the Indian machine tool manufacturers Association (IMTMA). 24 institutes participated and exhibited their innovation to the competitive world of forming technology. Our prestigious institute became the only one to be participated from the state of AP. The selection of projects and institutes was very tough but our college got opportunity to exhibit the research by becoming one among 24. Moreover, around 400 companies from 24 countries participated at IMTEX-2014. Project Exhibited: Manufacturing of Brass casting using 2-stage parabolic solar concentrator Venue: Bangalore International Exhibition Centre (BIEC), Bangalore Date:23rd Jan 2014-28th Jan 2014
List of faculty participated/represented from BVRIT, Narasapur
|1||Dr. V. Murali Krishna||Professor & H.O.D.|
|2||Mr. Manzoor Hadi||Sr. Asst. Professor|
|3||Mr. Waseem Ahamad||Assistant Professor|
- Ms. Swetha. K (09211A0350) received best student award from TCS for academic for the year 2012-13.
- The following students of 2009-13 batch won the TCS Best Student Project for the project titled ‘HHO Blending in SI Engine and performance evaluation’. The project was guided by Dr. V. Murali Krishna/ Mr. P. Naresh Kumar Reddy.
|09211A0302||Anirudh Malleshwar Napa|
|09211A0307||Anvesh Varma V|
|09211A0355||Vamsi Krishna Sajja|
- Ms. Swetha K (09211A0350) received Best Outgoing Student (academics) of BVRIT, Narsapur for academic for the year 2013.
- Mr. SaiChaitanya. M., M. SaiKiran., ShaikYaseen, Vishnu. S and SimranChavan of III B. Tech, Mechanical Engineering secured 3rd place in quad-copter development, organized by Aerotrix in September 2014 at IFHE, Hyderabad.
- Mr. S. S. Srikanth and Mr. B. Venkatesh of III B. Tech, Mechanical Engineering secured best design award in quad-copter development competition organized by Aerotrix in September 2014 at IFHE, Hyderabad.
- Mr. B. Rakesh (09211A0338), P. Jagadeeshwar Reddy (09211A0321), Y. Hari Kishore (09211A0320) of III B.Tech won consolation prize (4th) among 78 paper presentations for the topic ‘Electric vehicle design and manufacturing’ in technical fest Mechanica-2012, organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai from 23-25 March 2012.
- Mr. B. Rakesh (09211A0338), P. Jagadeeshwar Reddy (09211A0321), Y. Hari Kishore (09211A0320) stood first in the 1st phase of competition of Industry Defined Problem (IDP) organized by AVO CARBON, Chennai at Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai from 23-25 March 2012.
- Mr. Anirudh (09211A0302) and Mr. S. Vamsi Krishna (09211A0355) won 2nd prize in paper presentation in Tech fest organized by Benarus Hindu University (BHU),Varanasi from 2nd to 4th March, 2012.
- Ms. K. Swetha (09211A0350) and Mr. A. Rahul (09211A0336) won 1st prize for presenting a paper on ‘Working of Braking systems in Railways’ in Technofest-2K12 organized by Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Hyderabad, from 15- 16 March, 2012.
- 14 students of Mechanical Engineering got selected for ‘Technology Entrepreneurship Student Design Workshop’ supported by Indian School of Business (ISB).