BVRIT’s collaboration with Microsoft began with an innovation alliance in October 2010, progressed to an I Spark Center and has now culminated in the Microsoft Innovation Center. BVRIT Microsoft Innovation Center (MIC) was inaugurated on 7th December 2012 by Mr. Jospeh Landes, Country Head, Microsoft.
The aim of the Innovation Center is to help promote the use of Microsoft Technology for innovation that will help students to work in an ecosystem that gives them access to resources and experts for collaboration and skills development. The MIC now has nearly 100 students from different departments working in various domains. We are active participants of the Prestigious Microsoft Office Specialist Championship, Imagine Cup, Microsoft Student Partners (MSP), Microsoft Student Associates (MSA) every year and we also conduct Windows Training Programs, workshops, Hackathons, Webinars, Ideation contests, App Boot Camps.
Faculty Lead, Emerging Technology Center:
Mr. Karthik Kovuri, Associate Professor, BVRITN,
Workshops and Training Programs:
BVRIT MIC has been organizing many workshops and training programs every year. Some of them are:
- Workshops and Training programs on Windows 7 App Development
- Workshops and Training programs on Windows 8 App Development
- Workshops and Training programs on Windows 8.1 App Development
- Workshops and Training programs on Windows 10 App Development
Under BVRIT MIC, every year students are getting certified with Microsoft Certifications.
- In December 2012, 50 students got Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certifications.
- In October 2013, 150 students got Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certifications.
- In May 2014, 68 students got certified with Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS).
- In October 2015, 111 students got Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certifications.
- In May 2016, 22 students got certified with Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS).
- In September 2016, 161 students got Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certifications.
World MIC Summit Spain
Our Vice Chairman Mr. Ravichandran Rajagopal represented India at the MIC World Summit conducted in Spain.
World MIC Summit Redmond
Mr. Karthik Kovuri, MIC Manager participated and represented BVRIT MIC at the MIC World Summit 2014 conducted in Redmond, USA.
BVRIT MIC was chosen to host DREAMSPARK YATRA. It was considered to be huge success with about 1300 registrations in 2011 and about 1600 registrations in 2012. This was an amazing effort by our MIC community.
MSP selection is the prestigious program in which students are scrutinized at various levels with stringent constraints to become MSP. Every year, the students of BVRIT MIC have been proving their excellence in becoming MSP (Microsoft Student Partners) and MSA (Microsoft Student Associate).
List of Microsoft Student Partners
2015-16 & 2016-17
List of Microsoft Student Associate
Students of ‘BVRIT-Microsoft Innovation Center’ have designed various projects. The list of projects:
Achievements, Prizes, Recognitions and Contributions
- Karthik Kovuri, the Faculty Lead got Certified as prestigious Microsoft Innovative Educator by Microsoft.
- Karthik Kovuri got the previlige to be the Member of Microsoft Educator Community.
- Karthik Kovuri got Certified in “Windows 10: Create a world of tomorrow in your classroom”.
- Karthik Kovuri got Certified in “Independent learning with math tools in OneNote”.
- 161 students got certified with MTA (Microsoft Technology Associate) Certification and participated in Windows 8.1/10 App Development Hackathon in 2016-17.
- 2 students from BVRIT MIC were National level Champions in MOS Championship 2016.
- 10 students from BVRIT MIC were Regional level Champions in MOS Championship 2016.
- “Microsoft Azure Educator Grant Award” worth $27000 (Rs. 19,00,000/-) Azure Passes.
- 22 students were certified with MOS in Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship.
- 20 Microsoft student Partners (MSPs) for the A.Y 2015-16 & 2016-17, the highest number of MSPs in the entire country.
- Microsoft has given 500 Dreamspark keys with which the students can download genuine software worth Rs. 2,50,00,000/-
- 76 students from CSE, IT & ECE got certified with MTA (Microsoft Technology Associate) Certification.
- Recipient of prestigious Rolling Shield Award under special Labs Category in 2015 and 2017.
- 4 students got a fully sponsored opportunity to participate in Youth Spark Entrepreneurship event organized by Microsoft at its premises, Bangalore.
- 263 students successfully participated in digital India Hackathon organized by Microsoft.
- Students got mobile phones as prizes by participating in Windows Apps competitions.
- More than 150 girl students participated in Women Hackathon and 9 students won prizes and Merit certificates.
- With Dreamspark accounts, students can download Microsoft software worth up to Rs.50,000/-
- Developed websites for MIC, Promethean 2k15, Promethean 2K14 and ICICC 2015, an International Conference being organized by CSE Department.
- 9 students won Gold Medals and Merit Certificates in COMPUDON – a Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship at New Delhi in 2015.
- 13 students were India Finalists in COMPUDON – a Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship.
- Based on the activities and achievements of MIC, Mr. Karthik Kovuri, MIC Manager got sponsored invitation to represent BVRIT MIC and country in World MIC Summit 2014 held at Redmond, USA.
- Microsoft student Partners (MSP): 8 and Microsoft student Associates (MSA): 11 (For 2014-15)
- Microsoft has given 500 Dreamspark keys with which the students can download genuine software and material
- 68 students from CSE, IT & ECE got certified with MOS (Microsoft Office Specialization) Certification in 2014-15
- 67 students completed Internships successfully at Edukinect in collaboration with our MIC, an Academic Partner of Microsoft
- 150 students certified with Microsoft Technology Associate
- Developed and published around 200 Apps in windows store
- Students got cash prizes worth Rs.10,000/- by developing Apps for Windows 8
- Students got mobile phones as prizes by participating in Windows Apps competitions
- More than 150 girl students participated in Women Hackathon and 9 students won prizes and Merit certificates
- 223 students participated in Microsoft prestigious Imagine cup 2014 under various categories.
- 40 students participated in Microsoft Stand4rds competition of websites development using HTML5
- Various projects like Smart chair, Baby snatching prevention, Buffet on click etc… exhibited in various project expos
- Got offers for commercializing the product Windows device controlled smart chair
- Developed website for Promethean 2K14 and ICICC 2015, an International Conference being organized by CSE Department
- 19 MSPs/MSAs participated actively in Annual MSP summit 2014 at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh and got Certificates of Appreciation
- Conducted Microsoft Technology Associate Certification for around 111 students of BVRIT in coordination with Edukinect.
- Conducted YappOn, a 24 hours coding competition on Windows 8.X app development, which is one of the largest coding competitions.
- Coordinated Product Exhibition in collaboration with Dr. Harveen Chugh, Talent Scout, Sirius Program UK Trade & Investment, UK.
- Organized Live streaming of Microsoft conferences for our students which were held at Bangalore.
- Conducted Webinars and MVA Courses of various advanced Technologies of Microsoft.
- Conducted Women’s Hackathon for girls students of BVRIT Narsapur and BVRIT Hyderabad Women’s college. Students participated and competed themselves on coding Windows Desktop, phone and web based applications.
- 95 students were under Internship at various companies in collaboration with our MIC
- 4 students got a fully sponsored opportunity to participate in Youth Spark Entrepreneurship event organized by Microsoft at its premises, Bangalore
- DREAMSPARK Downloads by around 3000 students
- 40 students excelled in Microsoft Stand4rds competition of websites development using HTML5.
- Various projects like Smart chair, Baby snatching prevention, Buffet on click etc… exhibited in various project expos.
- MIC Students developed website for Promethean 2K14.
- BVRIT MIC was the largest delegation in the Windows 8 App Fest held in Bangalore on 21st and 22nd Sep 2012 .This was a Guinness event and we coded for 18 hours to get into the Guinness Records. We are all now proud “Guinness Record Holders”. This was not all. Our students became MS ROCKSTARS and made BVRIT feel Proud. They were given a chance to interact with the who’s who of Microsoft. It was definitely a defining moment for our ROCKSTARS.
- BVRIT MIC team was part of the winning team, “The Deccan Chargers” in the Windows 7 APPATHON conducted in India.
- BVRIT MIC was recognized as one of the top 3 MICs in India MIC Summit held at Bangalore in March, 2013.
- BVRIT MIC has been actively participating in the Microsoft Imagine Cup contest from 2010 onwards…
- MTA Training and Certification
- MOS Training and Certification
- Microsoft Virtual Academy Courses
- Microsoft Student Partners Selection
- Microsoft Student Associates Selection
- Webinars on live streaming of Windows technologies
- Windows 7 & 8 x App Development Training Programs
- BVRIT MIC hosted one of the India’s largest competitions YappOn, a 24 hours coding competition on developing apps for windows8 and our students developed 34 different apps
- Microsoft Appathon Boot Camps, Women Hackathons
- Imagine cup participation
- Conferences and Journals Publications
- Webinars on Windows technologies
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 App Development Training Programs
- Microsoft Appathon Boot Camps
- Women Hackathons
- Webinars & Live streaming of various technologies
- Digital India Hackathons
- Microsoft Faculty Connect Training Programs
- Ideation Festivals
- Student Project Internships under MIC in collaboration with academic partners of Microsoft and many more…