Pharmaceutical Engineering is a versatile engineering program designed using the course contents of core Chemical Engineering and Pharmaceutical science and technology. The course is designed to create engineers equipped with the knowledge and skills to meet the growing demand of pharmaceutical, chemical, food, dairy, cosmetic and other health care industries. Pharmaceutical Engineers can have the career options as process engineers, project engineers, production engineers, design engineers, safety and maintenance engineers, environmental engineers and R&D personnel.
This course has been introduced at BVRIT on considering various factors. BVRIT is located near Hyderabad which is the hub to many multinational companies producing drugs and pharmaceuticals meeting the global demand. There is a huge niche for the pharmaceutical engineers for their operations in bulk drug, production, design, scale-up, construction, and operation of plants that convert chemical and biological materials into valuable pharmaceuticals and pharmaceutical therapies.
B.Tech in Pharmaceutical Engineering at BVRIT Campus
- Established in 2015
- First private engineering college to start Pharmaceutical Engineering in A.P and Telangana.
- UGC Autonomous , NAAC Accredited
- Approved by AICTE and affiliated to JNTUH
- Experienced and well qualified faculty
- Well-equipped laboratories
Courses related to Pharmaceutical Engineering across India
Currently, Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai offers a similar course called Pharmaceutical Science and Technology. Anna University, Madras and Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Maratwada University, Aurangabad offers this course as Pharmaceutical Technology.
The Departmental Strength
The department has highly qualified faculty selected from reputed institutes like IIT’s and NIT’s, NIPER and faculty with vast experience in industry and research organizations of National/International repute. The department has various research projects sponsored from government agencies like DST and UGC and consultancy assignments from industries like Dr. Reddy's Laboratories. The well equipped laboratories and the sponsored projects of the department enable the students and faculty to pursue advanced research projects.
To educate future leaders in Pharmaceutical engineering who effectively combine their broad knowledge of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and biology with their engineering analysis and design skills to solve problems in Pharmaceutical industries and to synthesis various innovative products.
To achieve excellence in undergraduate education, meaningful & innovative research and service dedicated to advancing the field of pharmaceutical engineering and Technology.
The mission of Pharmaceutical undergraduate engineering program is:
M1: To pursue excellence in Pharmaceutical engineering education and research by providing positive and professional, high quality, relevant education using current technological and educational techniques.
M2: To inspire student community to work in cohesion that exemplifies the core and ethical values for the purpose of improving and developing systems that solves complex problems and improves the quality of life.
M3: To develop student’s skills to effectively communicate, analyze, create, and link knowledge in the multi-disciplinary fields, with the emphasis on quantitative approaches and methods.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
P1. To develop the concepts of Pharmaceutical engineering in design and product realization to meet the needs of industry and organizations.
P2. To demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a responsible professional in a team and as an individual.
P3. To have an understanding of the importance of life-long learning and professional development with a background that allows to pursue advanced studies in Pharmaceutical engineering or related fields.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
The students at the end of the program are expected to have attained the following:
- An ability to apply knowledge of Pharmacy, Science, and Engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design and realize a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- An ability to function on inter-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for pharmaceutical engineering practice
- Focused experience through industrial training and undergraduate projects in one or more areas of advanced research
Interaction with External Organisations
The department of Pharmaceutical Engineering at BVRIT has developed relationships with various industries & organizations such as Dr.Reddy’s Laboratories, Virchow Laboratories Ltd, Aurobindo Pharma, Everest Organics, Zen Chemical Consultants, Vasant Chemicals, Heritage Foods, Vindhya Pharma, Granules India, Anjani Cements, MSN Pharma, RA Chem, Cipla Pharma Ltd etc. for student projects and training.