Ph.D.: Osmania University, 2023.
M.Sc.: Osmania University, 2011.
B.Ed.: Osmania University, 2008.
B.Sc.: Osmania University, 2006.
JNTU Faculty ID:
Contact Number: +91-8106891642
I-10 Index: 02
Google Scholar profile link:https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=OnKfOLwAAAAJ&hl=en&authuser=1
Scopus Author ID: 57201889821
Web of Science Researcher ID:IST-5976-2023
Teaching Experience – 2 years
Research Experience – 10
Total Experience – 12years
My study focuses on solid state physics in relation to nanoscale. Preparation and characterization of the structural, optical, and luminescent properties of rare earth doped compound semiconductors comprises of my PhD dissertation work. In the work done, the host compounds are oxides that, in varying proportions, consist of transition metals including zinc and cadmium. They have fascinating optical and emission characteristics. Due to its potential applications, there is ongoing interest in the development of luminous zinc oxide with single (TM/RE) and double (TM and/or RE) doping. In my PhD dissertation, La-Cd and Sm-Cd ions substituted ZnO compounds synthesized using the sol-gel method and investigated their structural, morphological, optical (band gap, refractive index) changes and luminescence features.
- Assistant Professor – BVRIT, Narsapur (2023- Till now)
- Assistant Professor (contract) – Dept. of Physics, University College of Science, Osmania University, Hyderabad (2011-2013)
- “Effect of Cadmium on Structure and Optical Properties of ZnO Nanopowders by Sol-Gel Method”, Mohan Kumar*, T. Shekharam and M. Nagabhushanam, Materials Today: Proceedings, Volume 3, Issue 10, Part B, 2016, Pages 3621-3625, ISSN 2214-7853.
- “Structural and optical characteristics of nanoparticles of zinc oxide based ternary compounds generated by simple sol-gel technique”, Mohan Kumar and D. Karuna Sagar, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 1263 (2022) 012009.
- “Optical and Photoluminescence properties of Zn1-xCdxO nanoparticles synthesized by Sol-gel method”, Mohan Kumar*, Y. Vasudeva Reddy, M. Nagabhushanam, International Journal of All Research Education and Scientific Methods (IJARESM), Volume No.9, Issue No.1, January 2021, pages 1514-1527, ISSN: 2455-6211.
- “AC conductivity, dielectric and impedance studies of Cd8−xPbxZn0.2S mixed semiconductor compounds”, T. Shekharam, V. Laxminarasimha Rao, G. Yellaiah, T. Mohan Kumar, M. Nagabhushanam, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 617, 2014, Pages 952 – 960.
- “Effect of copper on impedance and dielectric studies of CuxZn1−xS mixed semiconductor compounds”, V. Laxminarasimha Rao, T. Shekharam, Mohan Kumar, M. Nagabhushanam, Materials Chemistry and Physics, Volume 159, 2015, Pages 83-92, ISSN 0254-0584.
- “Low temperature DC electrical conductivity studies of Pb1-xZnxS semiconductor compounds”, Y. Vasudeva Reddy, Mohan Kumar, T. Shekharam, M. Nagabhushanam, Solid State Sciences, Volume 82, 2018, Pages 29-33, ISSN 1293-2558.
- “Influence of Pb on structure, optical and electrical properties of Zn1-xPbxS semiconductor compounds at low temperatures”, Y. Vasudeva Reddy, T. Mohan Kumar, T. Shekharam, M. Nagabhushanam, Chemical Physics Letters, Volume 715, 2019, Pages 147-152, ISSN 0009-2614
No. of International Conferences presented/Participated
No. of National Conferences/Seminars presented/Participated
No. of Training/FDP programs
2011 – University First Rank holder in 2011 for M.Sc. Nanoscience Course, Osmania University.
2013 – Junior Research Fellow in UGC-CSIR Joint Test for lectureship and JRF in June 2013 Examination.
- Course Assistant Coordinator, M.Sc. Nanoscince, Department of Physics, University College of Science, Osmania University from November 2011 to June 2013